Online stores and auction sites are a convenient way to save money and shop. You should make yourself aware of some of the differences between shopping online and offline.
Know the basics
- Use the websites of well-established, recognisable retailers.
- Use sites that you know deliver and that fall under UAE consumer laws.
- International websites may not be governed by UAE consumer laws.
- Use a reputable auction site and make sure you are comfortable with how transactions work.
- Know the cost – read the terms and conditions related to delivery charges and warranty conditions.
- Understand the service – is it a one-off cost or an ongoing contract?
- Know what you’re getting and when – contact the seller directly to ask questions.
- Make sure that you can make a complaint or cancel an order.
- Ask for help if you are unsure. ,
- Look for the padlock symbol in the browser during the transaction process – this shows that the transaction is a secure one.
- Know how to stop an ongoing service.
If you want to talk about a problem, you can find details of who to call on our Cyber help page.
Safer Internet Day
Safer Internet Day is a day to celebrate how children and adults can learn from each other when they meet online in social media networks and systems...Read more
It's your life & you're in Control
What you do online affects your whole world, it’s your life and you’re in control, Find out about how you can protect yourself and stay safe. Read more