Online stores and auction sites are a convenient way to save money and shop. You should make yourself aware of some of the differences between shopping online and offline.
Know the basics
- Use the websites of well-established, recognisable retailers.
- Use sites that you know deliver and that fall under UAE consumer laws.
- International websites may not be governed by UAE consumer laws.
- Use a reputable auction site and make sure you are comfortable with how transactions work.
- Know the cost – read the terms and conditions related to delivery charges and warranty conditions.
- Understand the service – is it a one-off cost or an ongoing contract?
- Know what you’re getting and when – contact the seller directly to ask questions.
- Make sure that you can make a complaint or cancel an order.
- Ask for help if you are unsure. ,
- Look for the padlock symbol in the browser during the transaction process – this shows that the transaction is a secure one.
- Know how to stop an ongoing service.
If you want to talk about a problem, you can find details of who to call on our Cyber help page.
Safer Internet Day
Safer Internet Day is a day to celebrate how children and adults can learn from each other when they meet online in social media networks and systems...Read more
It's your life & you're in Control
What you do online affects your whole world, it’s your life and you’re in control, Find out about how you can protect yourself and stay safe. Read more
Knews cant update. Please, check user database permisions. (You must allow ALTER TABLE). (ver. 1.0.5) Table 'uae1215601361509.wp_knewsautomated' doesn't exist sql: ALTER TABLE wp_knewsautomated ADD COLUMN submit_time varchar(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT '00:00'